Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Life on the Ranch - still fencing.....

You might remember a post on our Fencing project?

( if not - here you go...  Fences

I really really thought we would be done quickly, but it turns out that real life, sports and this little thing called weather can really mess a person's plans up!!  I get laughed at a lot, although I have lived here for a really long time... those sunny days confuse me, and make me believe that winter is not coming.

I.... was.... wrong....


we went from this.... ( see the crazy boy wearing shorts in the end of November?)



to this:

Almost overnight!!


Maybe you can't tell by the snow that is blown. that the wind came with it.   And the ice!


None the less, we were brave souls - and the men continued to dig post holes, while I clipped the wires.   



You know, that every job needs an inspector right?   Kittie is making sure the poles are level. That is the MOST important part of the fence to a cow.... if it's not level, they will definitely try to break through.

My friend called her a pole cat - bwahh haa haa!  


 Here she is again, making sure the post hole is deep enough before we set the next one. She is very particular about depth - she wants all of the posts to be the Exact! Same! Height!  

I am sure that is why we pay her the big bucks!


And guess what??? We still aren't done! We are certainly getting a LOT closer to the end! 

Please..... send...... chocolate.......


9 comments:

Lynne Stucke said...

Pole cat!!!! I love it!!!!! Thanks for bringing a smile!

Sherrill said...

Just wondering how long you've lived there? And why are you fencing it now? More space for the cattle to roam? I know you have lots and lots of wide open space. You still get WAAYY more done than me even with all those extracurricular activities.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Goodness winter surely found you. Hope the young whippersnapper found his warm pants and boots! Sorry, could not send chocolate. Would not fit in the box, as I was working within the budget mail program. Please drive safely!

Missy Shay said...

No fun working outside in the cold, but it is better than chasing down escaped cows. I love your "pole" cat!

Miaismine said...

Oh Alycia! Grrrr! Frustration! If you like, send me your address and I'll definitely send you chocolate! You certainly deserve it!

WeedyMama said...

Yes, you do have cute inspectors. BUT, we have way more snow than you do, and is 13.5 and dropping. Gonna be a three cat night around here.

Stephanie D said...

That makes cleaning out the garage look like a piece of cake! Love the "pole cat".

Kate said...

I was so thrilled we got the closet cleaned out, but that pales in comparison to the never ending fence!

Lady Fi said...

Cute cats on posts!