Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Life on the Ranch

With all the boys home, my devious mind thought - Oh!! Muscle!!! They can help me, and I can make cookies and laugh at them.....

We had to get hay. It has been a mild Winter so far, and that worked in my favor.  My Hay guy said - you need to come get it all, I am replanting.... yada yada.... so off we went!

This was the first load - 
Little Bit, Wrangler Man and I got it

Not too bad of a place right?
The only problem?
With Daylight Savings time ( or winter time or WHATEVER we call it)
I run out of day before I run out of lists!!!

So loading hay at sunset became normal

BUT THEN
The other boys came home,
and some of their friends!

And the snow came
and they loaded all of it and stored it in the barn 
So I am one happy camper now!!
(PS - I did make cookies while the men got the hay - so I forgot to take a photo of them.)
(PPS - they ate all the cookies, and the tacos, and the pumpkin pie, and the milk)
(PPPS - I may need a milk cow next time)




8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

teamwork!!!!!

Gypsy Quilter said...

As they say in the south, "you raised them right!"

Jen said...

Great photos! Hauling hay is HARD work! Glad you got some help. :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous vistas on that ranch of yours!! You capture them very well.

Missy Shay said...

That's the way to get work done!

allthingzsewn said...

A rancher woman is made of sturdy stock. Yessiree.

Miaismine said...

I absolutely love your writing syle! Always puts a smile on my face! Your pictures are beautiful and the kiddos got the best part of that deal - sounds delicious!

Kate said...

Snow? Already? Good you got it all stored for the price of a few cookies. Not bad at all, with some great photo ops to boot.