Friday, August 26, 2016

Whoot Whoot - A top is finished

This is the one I showed you on Monday - NOW!! at a top stage!!



A lot of you emailed and asked me for this pattern - and I wish I could claim that it was all mine, and I was the designer - but alas.... I am not.... it was a Missouri Star Pattern - and because I love you....

Here is the You Tube linK

Strips and 4 patch

I will tell you it was not hard, I will tell you it took me forever - I had a graduation, summer jobs, a mystery quilt, pigs and I am sure I had a million other things, I just don't want to look too bad!!  Ha ha!


I used a cowboy jelly roll and solid blue - and .... I think I like it......


Now to finish the Third project that was on my design wall - so so long ago:

Have a great weekend!!!



Linking to:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Busy Hands Quilts
Ft Worth Fabric Studio
Anja Quilts - at TGIFFriday

13 comments:

KaHolly said...

It looks GREAT, you've been a busy girl! XO

Sherrill said...

I like it, too!! And it's always a good thing when you can use a jelly roll! I've been created my own jelly roll(s) of sorts by cutting tons of 2 1/2" strips with the Accuquilt. I LOVE Bonnie's Scrappy trips blocks and Diana's project and feel the need to create two or three more tops like those. Maybe they'll go to Diana or maybe battered women's shelter or QOV.... But for now, I'm trying to wrap up this rowing stuff!! LOL

Gypsy Quilter said...

Now that's what I call a smashing success! Great job.

Ranch Wife said...

I remember that tutorial, but your version is awesome! I used navy in a recent quilt top and I love the way it grounds everything. Going to have to make one like yours! Glad you manage to find time to stitch in between all of your other jobs!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

It's a great manly quilt! Finding uses for jelly rolls can be more difficult, and that one looks great.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I really like it - it's so you with shirtings (are they plaids or stripes?) and the patriotic palette.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats on the completion. It does feel good, doesn't it!

MyReadingJourneys said...

Gorgeous. It looks like a lot of work. I'm checking out the youtube. I bet theres a secret. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great weekend.

Kate said...

Congrats on a awesome finish! It would make a great guy quilt don't you think?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh! That turned out GREAT, Alycia!! I'm glad that ONE of us was productive this week!!! (Too bad it wasn't me.)

Louise said...

That's a great looking quilt top! The cowboy fabrics are so fun, and the dark blue is perfect for the background/accent color. Good job!

WeedyMama said...

Hooo-eeee, there's no keeping up with you. I follow Missouri Star too. This one looks very masculine. Is it going to college, or grow up to be a QOV?

Lisa S. said...

I just finished the same quilt top! Amazing how different it looks in different fabrics.