Sunday, August 28, 2016

Barn Quilts

I have LONG been an admirer, and gazer, and stopper of traffic when I saw a Barn Quilt.  I just LOVE them.   I had told the boys - someday we are making one.

and then one day - I had a surprise!!


At our QOV Sew days - my group of Quilters presented me with a little gift!!

My Dear Connie's Husband made this!



I was quite speechless 
and shocked - 
I mean  - how did they know that I wanted one of these?

It is hung up on our red barn - and I think it is perfect!!

I see it every morning when I wake up, and when I walk dogs, and well - anytime I look out the window - it's the best view on the whole place!!!

Thank you Quilting Group
and Thank you Mr H - you are quite talented!!

( SO are all the Quilters!!!)

20 comments:

Judy V from Thornton CO said...

This is one awesome gift, and you get to see it everyday!

Vicki in MN said...

Lucky lady you are, that is beautiful and goes on your barn so wonderfully!

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO exciting and WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Cherie in St Louis said...

What an awesome surprise! It looks fabulous an your beautiful red bran....and it's red, white and blue....so very appropriate for you wonderful QOV work :)

Magoo47 said...

Wonderful! Congratulations on your new adornment! I love barn quilts too - one of the reasons I so enjoy visiting the quilt shop over in Canon City (they have several mounted around). :)

Elaine M said...

What a great block, perfect on your red barn, it pops. Happy for you!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, what a beautiful addition to your barn. Love the colors.

Sherrill said...

It looks GREAT on the red barn!! I bet she heard you telling your boys that! What a nice gift!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Alycia, you give and give and give some more. What better way for them to say thank you to you?! Congrats! on being the recipient of your very own Barn Quilt.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

Such a wonderful surprise. I love it and it looks great on your barn.

Missy Shay said...

What a great gift! I told my husband I want one for the front of our house!

BettyK said...

I am so jealous. I see that you are enjoying this barn quilt. Such a wonderful unexpected gift for you.

Ramblings from Randi the Wild Rose Quilter said...

I love that!! What a wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's lovely, and it does look awesome on your red barn.

Ljridge4511 ( at ) gmail ( dot ) com

dorothy said...

It is perfect for your barn, you share your blessings with QOV and some decided to bless you for this time.

Dar said...

That block looks great on your red barn. What a wonderful surprise.

phxquilt said...

Oh what a wonderful gift! I see them all the time back in Ohio and an admirer. Luckjky lady.

Lara B. said...

The colors could not be more perfect for your barn! What a sweet and wonderful gift Alycia!

Kate said...

What a great gift! It looks perfect on your red barn.

Patti said...

such a cool & thoughtful gift! I love those barn quilts too.