Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Quilts of Valor 2016

Yay - I have photos!!

I love doing these shows. I love having the inspiration at my finger tips, and I love sharing with you all the incredible Quilts that are made for Quilts of Valor.  I always tell my friends and quilters - One quilt - is One more Veteran Touched by War "feeling the love"   .... so never feel overshadowed by those who can make more than one.... okay??

Last week , or the week before - I can't quite remember
I headed out to the Colorado Springs Quilt Guild and spoke
They didn't kick me out, and no one fell asleep - so it must have been ok

It was fun seeing all my quilts on one table though - that did make me happy!

Below
One of the Guild members - Jeannie - handed me this quilt for QOV
Isn't it fantastic?
It was pieced by Jeannie, Quilted by Regina, andbound by Peggy!


(below)
This one is from Judy V in Thornton
It is Star and Stripes
Pattern found here:


 below
This one is blocks from my quilt guild
Put together and quilted by Rosalie
Pattern found here


Below
This one was made and quilted by Phyllis M from Colorado Springs
So Gorgeous!



Next we have a pretty Purple and Green quilt
Pieced by Mary H and quilted by Shirley

We make Quilts of Valor for a Womens PTSD Retreat that occurs here once a year
and this quilt will be headed towards those women.
They LOVE the girly colors

( please - I don't need more girly quilts though, 
we have awesome quilters who have made sure we have enough for 2016)


Hope that gives you a little inspiration?

If you like Mysteries - Clue 2 will be going live on Friday over at:

We would love to have you!
Here is Clue 1 ( the one I am making)


5 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Yeah team!

Elaine M said...

Nice seeing all this eye candy this morning. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Oh I love these! My favorite meetings at Guild are when we present the charity quilts, sometimes by laying them out on the floor, sometimes by presenting them as you have done here. These are awesome quilts of valor. Warms my heart just to see them.

allthingzsewn said...

This is a beautiful act of love and encouragement. You all are inspiring.
#Vote 4 gnarly

Kate said...

More great quilts! I really like the blue and yellow one this week.