Monday, May 02, 2016

Grasshopper Pie

Happy May!!

I would like to introduce you to 
Grasshopper Pie!!   

If you remember - each month I am trying to make a new block to use up my scraps, and stash.  I have made 2 quilts using this block and in the  middle of the night  - had an epiphany! 

If I made a Quilty Pie - I wouldn't have to count the calories!!

and So!!

Here it is - Grasshopper Pie


You will notice that it is not bound - but that is not for lack of trying!
I ran out of my light grey
and I ran out of my mint!


And of course, it was snowing , so ... I will head to town this week to find the mint.

This pattern is for sale in my Craftsy Pattern Store
It was such a fun one to put together and measures
61in x 76 in

Perfect for that couch!!



Linking to:

15 comments:

KaHolly said...

Oh, the trials and tribulations of quilting with scraps! Do you think a little darker gray would frame up nicely?

Gypsy Quilter said...

Well good for you. Getting out to the quilt shop is always a great idea after a snow storm. I'm sure your fellas will enjoy the comfort of this quilt even though it's not plaid. A girl's gotta have fun!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Great color combination! I hope you can find a perfect fabric for the binding later this week.

Paige said...

Great design and love the colors! I especially like the quilting design!

Vicki in MN said...

Someone forgot to tell mother nature it was may and it was spring!!
Love your colors-neat quilt. What about binding it scrappy?

Snowcatcher said...

Gorgeous colors! What a great way to consume delicious scraps!!!

Kat said...

What great colors! It made a perfect quilt.

Sarah@123quilt said...

Pie without the calories?! I'll take some! Lol. Great quilt and great way to use your scraps and stash!

em's scrapbag said...

I always love pie. Your pieced borders are great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

YUM!! I like Pie. :o))

Bonnie said...

Great name for a great quilt. Love the borders.... Very modern looking. Bummer on running out of fabric. Sigh.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Love the name of your quilt - yummy! The colors are so fabulous, some of my favorites. :)

Kate said...

Love the colors! Congrats on an almost finish!

Anonymous said...

Now my mouth is watering, LOL. Nice quilt. You could face it and then you wouldn't have to match fabric.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

I love your colour combo with this quilt And the scattered value look really makes it interesting!