Friday, May 20, 2016

Grasshopper Pie... The final Finish!!

I introduced Grasshopper Pie to you earlier this month!  But when he had his debut.... his binding was missing!

I had the chance to get to the Quilt shop and get "the perfect" binding for him, and maybe a jellyroll for me.....

This last weekend I got to house-sit for a friend - and I took Grasshopper Pie and Ta-da!

He is bound!!!


I tried to be all artsy like the quilt magazines and use furniture - it was raining outside and gloomy.
I think I need some more practice at *draping*


The Full Quilt!!
( you can cheer now - I will hear you!)



I designed this one as another Block pattern for using up your scraps - so you can find the patterns in my Craftsy store - AlyciaQuilts Pattern Store   They are PDF's there and so easy to download ;-)

Enjoy your Friday!


Linked to:
TGIFriday at Quilt Matters
Fabric Frenzy Friday
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Crazy Mom Quilts


18 comments:

DonnaleeQ said...

Love it, so pretty.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love it!

Julie @ The Crafty Quilter said...

I love the colors of this quilt. Beautiful design, too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

AWESOME finish!! did you use a panto or do the quilting design freehand?

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

My favorite color combo!! LOVE Grasshopper Pie (ummm, both the quilt and the pie!!!), the quilting on it is absolute perfection, as usual ;) Congrats on a fabulous finish! I cheered, I know you heard! :D

Yanicka said...

I really love this colors combination even if I usually go for a bolder pallet. Great job

Customieze said...

Your Quilt is really beautiful! I love the colors.

Jen said...

What lovely colors! It is beautiful.
I hear ya on the draping (although I think you did a great job). I am struggling with how to best photograph my quilts like the magazines do too.

mkhquilts said...

YAY!! Gorgeous finish!

Lara B. said...

A beautiful quilt Alycia! The color combination is so lovely!

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh what stunning colours! I love it - and I know what you mean about the draping - I can never get my finished quilts to look all, just casually left on a chair either!

Ranch Wife said...

What a fun color combination and now I'm hungry...for pie! It is so hard to go wrong with hourglass blocks. I'm at my mom's this week and binding an hourglass quilt too. It's one of my favorite blocks - it looks great in every fabric!

Kate said...

A great pattern for using up a few scraps. That teal and gray color palette is really eye catching. Congrats on a beautiful finish.

Rhonda said...

Yay for you! Did you hear that yell? The quilt
Looks great & I absolute love the colors & the design!

TheItinerantChemist said...

Beautiful combination of colours and prints! Congrats on a great finish. :)

Snowcatcher said...

I still just get such a kick out of these colors! Perfect!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Congrats on a great finish! Love those colours!

Missy Shay said...

I love your quilt!