Thursday, October 15, 2015

Quilts of Valor October

Welcome to Wednesday...... What? It's Not Wednesday??? Who says?  Can we just pretend that it is ?  I always wish I could have an extra day to the week - so maybe this is the week it will happen??

Ya, I doubt it too.....

But let's just say Wednesday was a busy one..... and you are ready to get to the quilts aren't you?


My Favorite photos are the ones like above
I love seeing the smiles, and the joy of being wrapped in a hug

Below
Pieced by Deb
Quilted by Kathy & Sue


below
Pieced by TK David
Quilted by Kathy and Sue


(below)
Pieced by Lori and Crew in Nevada
Quilted by Kathy and Sue
(don't you LOVE those crumb blocks?? )


Another one pieced by Lori and Crew
Quilted by Kathy & Sue
I love how it created a heart!



Below
Pieced by Kathy P 
Quilted by Dawna

(below)
Pieced by Ann G
Quilted by Mary

If you have been reading my blog for a while - you might remember that
plaids kinda reached out and grabbed me
When I opened this quilt - I swear - I swooned!!


Pieced by Beth
Quilted by Mary
LOVE strings Quilts!!


This one was pieced and quilted by Mary


9(below)
Another Pieced and Quilted by Mary
Check out the darks - doesn't that make a great secondary pattern?


(below)
Pieced by Peg in MI/OH
Quilted by Peg
( she is wonder quilter!! I LOVE the colors!)


Another Pieced and Quilted by Peg


And a Third by Peg
We have a Women Warriors Retreat that Colorado Supports
in 2015 we had 60 Women Veterans and were able to cover each of them with a 
Beautiful Feminine Quilt
Peg knows this - and these three of hers are slated to go to the 2016 retreat.
There is healing in these quilts!!


Just wanted to show you a really cool presentation
This Veteran was so surprised to see his gang arrive. 
Isn't that cool to have that support?


Alright - you all go forth and Quilt!
I am heading down the stairs to go Quilt!!



4 comments:

Sherrill said...

Don't think you EVER have to apologize for losing a day!! It happens to all of us (I think) and with as hectic a life as you live, it's not surprising. But you get SO MUCH accomplished every day! Great pix, thanks! Going to keep the feminine quilts in mind as I work on donations. Maybe I can get one done..we'll see.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Another lovely bunch of soldier quilts! You folks in Colorado really know how to make them!!!

Rhonda said...

A big salute to you. These posts always make me tear up!!!!

Kate said...

Love the smiles. Such gorgeous quilts, it's hard to pick a favorite each week.