Monday, February 25, 2013

Traveling

I have made it back from Quilt Con!!! And I am so excited!!! I had a great time - I took a ton of pictures - and I want to share them all!!  My flight was really delayed coming into Denver last nite  - so I am still a little travel weary. The plus side - the roads were just filled with Me and the snow crews.... Easy travel!  Snow packed roads, really really icy - but with only me... much easier to drive.   Of course, there is no school today as the roads are so bad.....

I learned some traveling tips on this trip!

1. When going to the airport, knowing full well you live in Colorado, at least TAKE a jacket and gloves to leave in your car. It probably won't be 80 when you return *sigh*

2. Knowing that you have to go through security - it is NOT a good idea to wear thigh high zip up boots, and a low waisted mini skirt. Because the show you give all of us, standing behind you.... not as pretty as you think.... and we get frustrated that it takes you SO long just to get through security.  ( PS I wore Flip Flops and Jeans)

3. When TSA says 2 oz of liqued, that applys to everyone.... not just those behind you in lane. And YES - water is good for your skin, but 64 oz of water is just a smidge over the limit....

4. Have a good sense of humor - you will need it - a LOT!!

5. When your flight is delayed, don't yell at the Gate attendants. They do NOT control the weather.... but they do control if you get a seat or not! If the gate attendants do control the weather - I put a plea in for another foot of snow on my place ( its really a rough drought here!)

I can't wait to download my pictures and share... so I will get on that!!



9 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

no photos of number two on your list please. glad it know it wasn't you--lol

LizA. said...

For someone who didn't get in til 2:00 am you sound amazingly awake.....your list is spot on.

Missy Shay said...

Was that you with the boots? That was hilarious!

Nancy said...

Your travel tips are perfect!

Ooooh, pictures coming soon, I hope.

Terri said...

Portland OR will take your shampoo even if you only have 2 oz in the container, if the container is larger.
Can't wait to see the photos!
Hugs

Kate said...

Traveling is not for the faint of heart. My Guy was supposed to fly through Denver on his way to Billings, his flight ended up being canceled. It's lucky you got home. Hope you are fully recovered.

phxquilt said...

You yelling @ gate agents???? I won't believe it! I get folks at the airport every week with full bottles of water, soda, large bottles of shampoo, etc. The other thing that I find most noticible in the flying public today...they can't count to TWO! LOL l am glad you had a wonderful time in TX.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Thank you from all of us who fly for a living! LOL

Sherrill said...

I thought you were gonna tell us that was YOU in the thigh high boots and mini skirt! HA I never knew you were a pilot--I WAS a gate/ticket agent and many who fly are total morons!