Thursday, February 28, 2013

QuiltCon Meets

One of the best things about Quilt Shows is meeting people. However, sometimes you start to wonder if you really know that person.... for example -

On my shuttle from the airport to the convention center I was sitting next to a nice person, she was talkative, smart, funny, and looked a tad bit familiar... but I just couldn't place her. I finally asked if she was teaching or an attendee. Turns out she was Lizzy House  - the author of a blog that I read.....

I also got to meet a few facebook friends.... Maddie of BadAss Quilters Society. Please be nice to us - this was the last day, and both of us were exhausted....


Cheryl Arkison - author of Sunday Morning Quilts and a new book on the way....

And then.... this sweet lady and her daughter were in our booth. I just kept staring thinking I really really know them - but do I really? So I finally asked - are you Sandy P? and she says why yes - I told her who I was and we both cracked up. Sandy and her family lived two houses down from us in our growing up days. I grew up with her kids, stayed at her house when my brother went in the hospital, learned how to play the piano with her, and her son and I used to compete to see who could spell 'super cali fragilistic expi ali docious' the fastest. He won... EVERY. TIME!
 
 A picture I did not get, and am very upset with my self was with Jacquie Gering!!! But I really felt a little stalkerish on that one! She kept walking around the convention center and I would swear I knew her, but I just couldn't place it. She finally stopped by the Modern Quilts Unlimited booth, and she talked to me, for like 30 minutes.... and I finally realized who she was... and that I read her blog A. LoT. And that she was an author in our First issue, and oh my gosh - it was really too funny.

There were quite a few more people that I had a wonderful time with - and loved hanging out with, I just wasn't smart enough to take a picture.. maybe I hadn't been loaded with enough caffiene yet!!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

A new book from the other half of Sunday Morning Quilts sounds exciting.

Tricia B said...

Thank you for posting so many pictures and links! Makes me -- almost -- feel like I was there. Plus I love finding new blogs.