The quilts were great, the booths were great, the people were great, the food was great....
So... what did I learn?
1. When you have gone 40 hours with no sleep, and then you get only two hours of sleep on the plane...drink lots of caffeine because being alert gets harder.... sorry Karin , Sherrill, Joanne and Nelda!!! I didn't even think of taking pictures, and the next day remembered..... I was SOOO Sad!!
2, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hot pink and Orange... but when you have the ability to turn red just because you have been the center of attention for 2 seconds.... blues would be better.... just sayin'..... By the way - this is the famous Kim Brunner
3. Stop talking when you are taking pictures - seriously - you will not run our of words!!!! This is Kevin the Quilter and he is awesome!! He flew all around the country to make it to Houston. I would like to believe it was to just see me, but I have a feeling there might have been something else is Houston he wanted to see.... maybe a quilt or two?
4. You are tall.... there is no way around it, get over it. And be prepared to spend time with the most awesome people in the world! This is Loretta W - she loves me.... She is an award winning quilter, and a QOV quilter and seriously - the most hilarious person..... and she has the cutest accent. I want it.
5. Always post on facebook where you are. I am not the best geographical person in the world. I get the states, and regions, but the towns elude me. My friends Joe and his wife Cathleen live in Katy. Did you know Katy isn't that far from Houston? When I landed I posted Houston!! and Look!!! They met me for dinner.
And I tried Queso - and it was good! and the waiter thought I was a dork - but really? What's new? and the Queso was really really good!!!
6. You had better like your booth mates - cuz you will spend an amazingly long time with them. These two are awesome!! Diane is an assistant editor of Machine Quilting Unlimited and Vicki is the owner of the company. We had a great time and saw wonderful people and sold lot of magazines. The Modern Quilting Magazine is fantastic!!!
The first issue has shipped, but it can be found in some Barnes and Nobles, Quilt Shops, and ordered off the site. It was HOT!!! Flying off the shelves.... I loved it!!
7. When you come home - be prepared....I called when I landed and was greeted with:
"Mom, glad you are home. We are out of milk and cocoa puffs"
Sigh..... at least that won't let Houston go to your head... right?