Thursday, June 28, 2012

A great day

First off - I need to apologize!!!  Wednesday Quilts of Valor, the ones I said were made by Marilyn.... ugh!!! Its Meredith - and I know that , because I REALLY want to go shopping with her... I so apologize!!




Today I got to spend some time with some great Veterans - some truly wonderful men!!


One of our guys - who was in Desert Storm, and a few more conflicts, is having a tough time. But we talked a lot, and of course - we talked quilts. I presented a Quilt of Valor to him in February, and he told me that that is one of the things that keeps him on course. The quilt is on his bed, and he uses it every night. He says the hug it gives him, and seeing it first thing in the morning, makes him know he can make it through the day.


Top that LOL - Just kidding. But doesn't that just make your heart happy? And make you realize that these are an important part of the healing process for our veterans? So tickled that we are a part of it - so I am patting you all on the back!!




A lot of times I get to do the presenting = but today I got to take pictures - LOVE it!!


This guy was double blessed - the little girl in the pink - she wanted to make a Quilt of Valor for him, but didn't have enough time. So she and her grandma made him a great fleece blanket too.



So the little girl and her grandma are now committed, and are going to join in with our QOV sew days!!! I am so excited. 

And this last picture - oh my - I am so made at myself - he chose a great plaid Quilt of Valor made by Mary and Sue  and I wanted to show you all, he was so touched.




Hope you all had a great day! We sure did, but I will be honest, I am worn out tonite... off to watch the news and head to bed - tomorrow is another quilty day!!

2 comments:

Judy V. from Thornton, CO said...

Awww...the pictures are so heartwarming. Loved seeing the little girl participating, too! Thanks for sharing the pics...they make me want to hurry up amd make some more QOVs for our veterans.

Nancy said...

I agree with Judy - these photos touched my heart.

It's been too hot to sew during the day, so I may schedule a sewing night for myself.