Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Quilty Inspiration!!

Are you all ready? After spending the weekend remembering our military, quilting some Red White and Blue Quilts, and resting up... I am totally ready to dig back in to some quilts!

These Quilts pictured are all Quilts of Valor and the person who pieced them and quilted them is listed as well. I wish I could take credit for making them all.... but no such luck. All of them are either in process to be presented to our military - or have already been presented. Sometimes my picture shows are behind.... oh well - I love the chance to see them again ( and again, and again.....)


This quilt just amazes me... it was put together by Connie and Kathy - the amazing duo from Colorado. But the star blocks are part of the 100 QOV challenge from Moda.... It was quilted by Linda B in Pueblo.



And here is a second one - again put together by Connie and Kathy - this one was quilted by Mel P in Co Springs. I LOVE the different looks the quilting gives a quilt!



This yummy plaid quilt was made by Sue T on the Wind Rose Quilt Guild in New Jersey. It was quilted by Rita A of Colorado Springs CO. Doesn't it just make you want to snuggle????


So - my new idol is Dee Dee... over Here  is quite the quilter!! Check out this string star beauty....


And this one - Again from Dee Dee in TN.... I believe she both pieced and quilted these quilts!! Love Love Love that border fabric!!!



And Dee Dee made this one..... again - a total snuggle quilt right??


MMMMM - and this one!! Dee Dee again!!  I think this one would make a great leader/ender quilt....



And the last quilt from Dee Dee - and the last one in my little show today - if you look at it in a different way - its a total different quilt! I LOVE it!!

Thank you quilters, for your efforts to help us cover our wounded, and those who have stood in Harm's way. You bring comfort and healing ... Thank you!

8 comments:

beaquilter said...

awesome quilts!!

Cheryl Willis said...

you go girls! Love them all, have added to my TO DO list. Love the String/Stars! cw

Nancy said...

They are all beautiful and definitely give me some ideas. Thanks, ladies!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Oye! Why oh why can't I make dozens of quilts at once?! It's such an inspiration to see so many quilts being stitched for our military! Its gotten so I am always, always on the lookout for fabrics to add to a QOV. Had to split my big box of QOV fabrics into 2 boxes - blues and reds and they are both overflowing. Must sew faster. :) Love the plaids and the string blocks and the charming stars - just beautiful!

Kate said...

Beautiful quilts. So many ways to work with red, white and blue. All gorgeous!

Amy said...

A neat group of quilts! So fun to look at the machine quilting. Inspiring!

carolyn berroeta said...

The blue strings make me think of my leftovers from Orca Bay ! What a great way to use them !

Dar said...

All the QOV quilts are wonderful. There are so many unique ideas for using our scraps, strings and all RWB fabrics. Love it!