Friday, April 20, 2012

Kind of Finished Friday

I started making this strippy quilt ( pattern can be found at MaryQuilts.com - called the Quick Strippie)    And it was quick - until the couch beckoned me!!  But - it finishes at 41 x 62 .  We have an Honor Flight that leaves Northern Colorado twice a year with 120 Veterans on it. It has been a goal to get a quilt to each vet for the last two years... so I believe that I will donated this one to them for their September flight.   


I really like the way it looks! So I think I will kit up some Red White abd Blue ones and add borders for our Quilts of Valor - don't you think that would make a nice quilt?


I will be linking up with CrazyMomQuilts and Confessions of a Fabric addict  for Finished Friday... 

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

The Quick Strippie is a great go-to pattern when you need a quilt ASAP... and I love it in these colors/patterns! Someone is going to enjoy it!

Mary Johnson said...

I like that color combination too. All the ones I make are for kids so I haven't added borders but a lot of people tell me they do when using the instructions for an adult.

I've got one with owls cut out just waiting to be sewn up!

Angie said...

Neat looking! These Strippy Quilts are fun to quilt as the quilting designs really show up nicely!

Pattilou said...

Looks clean and bright. Love those quick strippie quilts as I've made several myself.