Monday, December 12, 2011

Quilts of Valor from Ruthie

I guess this week I shall be an evening blogger.... and I was doing so good at getting up, doing my chores, and getting a post in.... before breakfast.  Today was another Horse Morning. And Early Horse Morning.  Only 2 of the dudes needed trimming, and boy was I glad - it was COLD!!  ( and I am a wimp!)

Okay - So on to the best part of the day!! QUILTS!!!  These two come from Ruthi W over at http://threadsofmine.blogspot.com/   She is also a Patchwork Times reader. I am so grateful to Judy for the shout out.... 10 more Quilts of Valor were awarded last week ( more on that later)!!


I love the colors in this one - isn't it rich?   And its such a cool pattern!

Okay - so this one... I had to sit and study! Is it not the coolest???  I may have to study it somemore, or maybe .... Maybe Ruthi is reading my blog ... and will tell us where the pattern came from..... psst... Ruthi... over here....


And of course - a sunset photo. I just love watching the sunset out here. Lately I have had to bundle up a LOT to watch it, but its totally worth it. My baby girl (my dog) and I get our chores done about this time.... and its just pretty.

Ruthi!  Thank you for taking the time to help show our soldiers the love! You are totally wonderful!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful quilts.

BunkHouseQuilts said...

So nice to see all these wonderful quilts coming your way! I visit your blog almost every day. It warms my heart to see how many other quilters, pierces, etc. continue to make these marvelous quilts.
Merry Christmas Alycia! Thanks for all you do!

Impera Magna said...

The zigzag quilt is similar to one I made for my grandson... I found the tutorial here: http://beesquarefabrics.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-make-zig-zag-quilt-without.html

I didn't use a pieced border but it was a fun quilt to make.

Hope this helps!

:)

Kathie said...

Both are beautiful quilts.

Ruthie said...

That's the same one I used:
http://beesquarefabrics.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-make-zig-zag-quilt-without.html