Saturday, December 03, 2011

Quilts from Sue in AZ

Sue is my buddy!! She takes fabric of all sizes and makes the coolest quilts. I have sent her a box of things that I didn't think could be used.... and uses them!!! Check these out!  Oh and Sue is a Patchworktimes.com Reader!!

So this one is called the Flip Flop quilt, and she used a flop ruler from Kathie Alyce.
Cool huh!


This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern call String-X - and this is the quilt that she used the scraps I sent her... can you believe it?


This one is a Marjorie Busby design using her AccuQuilt Go! 3 1/2 x 6 1/2 inch die.



This is a design that Sue came up with in her EQ7 using HST's - she used her AccuQuilt Go! Die to make these..... but go to the next picture and check out the quilting to!!
Thank you SO much Sue!! And to Judy for letting everyone know my pantry was empty. The smiles on Veterans faces are priceless!!

6 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I've used the String X pattern from Bonnie A LOT! It is a wonderful way to use up smaller pieces.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, what terrific quilts. And those eagles are wonderful!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Sue certainly sent you some fabulous quilts...all the ladies have! So inspirational. The string-x quilt looks like one I need to add to my list. I have recently been collecting reds and nuetrals and blues. The quilting on the quilt Sue designed is absolutely a show stopper! I am speechless. May I ask where she found the pattern? So happy that your pantry is no longer empty!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous quilts!!! Hi Alycia!! Remember me?!?!? I can't believe your pantry is empty!! I can't do anything right now, but I'll keep that in the back of my brain!!
Anyway, I just stopped by to let you know that I'm back to quilting (and blogging) again and I just wanted to say hi!!

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

I'm glad everyone likes my quilts. I just want to tell you that the ruler I used in the first quilt is called the "Flip Flop Ruler". You can see it on Kathie's website.

Dirt Road Quilter, I use a CompuQuilter for my quilting. The patterns I used on the last quilt were from several different designers. The eagle, I believe, is from Ann Bright. The motif with the flag and stars is from Quilter's Niche. The "Thank You" in the red/burgundy sashings is from Designs By Vickie. The flags in the outer border is from Forever in Stitches. I digitized a little wavy thing in the dark blue triangles in the square in a square block. There is a heart and star design in the blue star border but I can't remember where I got it - might be Quilter's Niche. I sure hope a special soldier gets this quilt. It was hard to give this one up!

Roslyn said...

I am feeling really guilty ALycia that I haven't mailed a box to you-I have been waiting until I could quilt the last two but maybe I should just send them. Some have presentation cases & a couple do not.
I will try to get a few off to you this week!