Monday, November 28, 2011

Design Wall Monday and Orca Bay Progress

Instead of Black Friday - I printed off Clue # 2 and got to work..... and as of this morning - all 72  3 1/2 inch string blocks are DONE!!

I started with this pile of strings

And Ta da... got these little blocks and a big pile of small triangles.... hmmmm

This last week was a little crazier than most, so didn't get as much sewing in.
But I did finish quilting this Quilt of Valor

I did it with a swirly pattern, and tried to round the swirls in the center.


And then I remembered - I told you all about making Quilt tops, but I didn't show you the finished tops - and they are great inspiration!!

Harriett made this one with the Moda Star blocks - I love it!!

Ethel combined this great panel with some of the moda star blocks and stripes!!

Connie used the same panel and then added the Twister blocks to the side - Genious!!

And Ms Mary.... She has been working on using up her plaids - and she is too creative!!!

I kind of love this one!

And SURPRISE!!! One of our Quilt of Valor Reciepients stopped by!  He brought his quilt to show us, and even posed for some pictures. I think we only embarrassed him a little bit. I tried to talk guns and guy talk with him to keep him around a while.

( This Quilt of Valor was made by Pat over at http://bellcreekquilts.blogspot.com/)

To see other design walls head to http://www.patchworktimes.com/

To see other Orca Bay Progress go to http://quiltville.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Good for you keeping up with the mystery quilt clues... love those blues of yours!

What wonderful QOVs... and a happy recipient too! Too cool....

Ellen said...

The little string blocks are so cute. Thanks for the quilt show!

Ellen said...

The little string blocks are so cute. Thanks for the quilt show!

Barb in Mi said...

You have been busy! Thanks for sharing QoV pic's!

Melanie said...

Thanks for the inspiration! These are gorgeous!

Laurie said...

I LOVE your string blocks! They're so pretty! And as for those little triangles... LOL I sorted through all mine and put ones big enough to sew into a square in my crumb drawer. If it's an inch long.. I can use it! LOL

Candace said...

Really cute blocks and a great quilt show.