Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Enjoying the evening



It was a cool evening, and we were all home at the same time.... so we gathered up the horses... And headed off into the arena - maybe to get in a little roping, or steer chasing, or just plain goofing off ....

Rojo loves my horse - Bar-B... see the blue tag on the headset? Thats cuz I get confused as to which headset goes on which horse and so Wrangler Man labeled them for me... sweet man!

Speaking of which - isn't he handsome? That is Brownie Mare... she has a real name - a certified, documented, registered name - but she is the only Brown mare I have - hence the name - Brownie Mare ;-)

Middle bit - turning steers across the arena.

Roping practice

Just to prove that I ride too! Sort of!

Remember those semi trucks? this is what they brought in to my beautiful grassy pastures...
Know what it is?

9 comments:

Amy said...

Of all those pictures, my final thought while reading this post was...."Wow, look at the moon!" ;0)
Ohhh......what a dream it would be to 'hang' with all of you; your horses are beautiful.
Ummm....the only thing that comes to mind is a oil drilling rig of some sort. ??? Am I even close?

Impera Magna said...

What beautiful horses... what fun! Love seeing you on a horse... very cool!

My fist thought was an oil well... maybe drilling a water well? Cell phone tower? Really large long arm machine?

Quilter Kathy said...

Maybe you're getting a wind turbine? What fun to see the photos of your family riding horses...what a great life for children to have this opportunity!

Paula, the quilter said...

Natural gas drilling rig. See 'em all over on my way to Denver. Bummer that it has to destroy your view.

Moneik said...

Looks like an drilling rig, oil or natural gas?

Quilting_Chris said...

It appears to be a drilling rig. What are they looking for???

Sherrill said...

It's a gas well..sure hoping you get lots of royalties!!! LOL

Jackie Dudek said...

What a shame to have to look at the drilling rig, but the rest of the photos are gorgeous. Your horses are beautiful. Would love to be out there with you giving it a try!

Pat R. said...

Great pictures...sure makes me miss that life! I'm thinking they are drilling for gas....hope you still have the mineral rights on your property...most don't, unfortunately. All thos mineral rights were bought up years ago, however, I never did let my rights go on our MT place.