Saturday, April 30, 2011

Aprils UFO #4

I have to Thank Judy for hosting this UFO challenge. I did not ( okay I really did, but I don't want to admit it) realize how competitive I am.... sometimes.... and it is all with myself!! My dear sweet family kept saying - Mom - give it up, its okay if it's not done. Well! Fine! I showed them!!

Sort of - the binding is not done, but because it is a Quilt of Valor I have this group of lovely lovely ladies who bind QOV's... and well - what is one more right?

Heres the full quilt picture.

Here's a closer up one. And I think I know (remember)why this became a UFO! I think these were the reject blocks that didn't come out perfect. Or at least square enough that I didn't have to majorly trim them. and of course I kind of forgot that until I was sewing them into rows.

And the back - just a solid piece of a plaid fabric. I like it!

And there you go - UFO #4
4 UFO's in 4 months - that deserves some kind of treat right?

7 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Wow... finishing FOUR UFOs in FOUR months! You do indeed deserve a treat...

*passing you the bowl of Dove chocolates*

Nancy said...

Excellent progress. It will be treasured by the recipient.

LizA. said...

Good for you. Sounds like it's time for chocolate!

Katie said...

Fantastic quilt and some soldier is going to adore it. I know what you mean about being competitive, I'm like that too - more with myself than with others, but hey, it gets stuff done!

Debbie said...

Definitely treat time! Great job on your QOV.

BetsyE said...

Thanks so much for honoring our service men and women this way!

JudyCinNC said...

A very nice April Finish. Good for you. Judy C