Monday, February 21, 2011

Design Wall 2/21/11

As you can see my design wall has not been added to  much! I have been sewing though, it just takes a little while to finish these blocks, at least for me!
I had to pick up my design wall so that the floor could be vacuumed, and then something else jumped out before I could get my blocks back down.

This beautiful Heartstring quilt jumped out. It was made by Ann G on Minnesota and sent out here to go to a Wounded Warrior as part of the No Soldier Forgotten Quilts of Valor collection I have going on here.  

I really love how that plaids looks with the black center string. Thanks Ann!!
This one was made by Harriett of Brighton and quilted by Linda V. I love the simplicity of it, and the quilting just stands out.

Thanks for these Quilts Of Valor Ladies!




I know my design wall won't grow much more today. It is a SnowShoeing day, and you all know I can't pass thatup!!

To see what others are up to go check out

http://www.patchworktimes.com/2011/02/21/design-wall-monday-february-21-2011/

8 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Those are all beautiful quilts... and I'm thinking that the plaid string quilt just might be copied for a nephew. Grown up nephews are hard to come up with ideas for a quilt they will actually use...

Bonnie said...

I love the setting you have going for the pineapple blossom blocks. Wow, I had to really look at them to see what blocks they were. I have a quilt with those blocks but they sure don't look like that!

Nice quilts for QVA.

swooze said...

I too love the pineapple blocks and cant wait to see the finished top!

Kathie said...

Absolutely love the purple.

Kate said...

Love your blocks, can't wait to see more of the secondary design thats hinted at in what you have so far.

Betty said...

I am new on this blogging. I really like your Heart String quilt that you are showing, however, I LOVE the pineapple quilt, they are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I love the layout for the pineapple blocks. Can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Lynn said...

Your quilt is going to be beautiful!