Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Quilters Accountability 12-1-10

Lucky Me - I did not have any goals to accomplish over the last week - except to goof off - and I Succeeded!!!

I started a new quilt. The pattern is from http://www.maryquilts.com/ and is called Forest Bricks, but of course, my needs to be called Red Bricks... ohhh maybe it could be called the Red Brick House?
Anyways, I did it a little different because I had a bunch of left over 1 1/2 inch red strips. I sewed all of them together, and then cut them into the 3.5 x 6.5 bricks.

  


Sewing them to the strips


When I ran out of string bricks, I cut up some reds. All the blocks are now made, and even trimmed up.... so just need to put them into a top!! - what is the holdup lady.....
My goals for this next week
  • Finish Gift quilt borders. The top is made, but it needs borders.
  • Quilt a gift quilt (not the same one that needs borders)
  • Work on the Red Brick quilt top
  • Survive!!!
Go on over to Bari's to see what others are up to!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Tamera said...

Your red brick quilt looks like it will be really cute.

Anonymous said...

What fun! A new quilt...LOL. I think you can get your goals for this week finished....after all, look at all that time off you had last week "resting"! (Just kidding - don't go throwing boots at me or anything!).

Mary's Forst Bricks pattern is pretty and will look great in reds.

Can't wait to see what you get done!

Bari

Amy said...

Reading through your past posts regarding your Red Brick Quilt. I really like the adaptation you made to Mary's pattern---LOVE the string bricks!