Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2011 UFO List

I am not sure that I can keep up with JudyL's ( http://www.patchworktimes.com ) UFO challenge - but I am going to try!. I am listing my UFO's at the moment and am going to try to finish these this year.

1, This quilts seems to be taking years. I have been working on it for this last year, but I won't tell you how long I have had the fabrics! Anyways - Betty Quilt is UFO #1

To be finished to me - I want it into a Top with a backing ready this year!
The Top is DONE

2. Lime Green and Black quilt.
All it needs is a back - I have 3 different ideas - so need to CHOOSE one, and Quilt it AND.... sit down - BIND it!
3. Twisty strippy QOV. I printed out the pattern, and have cut a lot of strips. I am not sure it is all I need, but I want to start working on it and get it to the Top and Backing stage.
4. Another Chunky Churndash top. We did this as a mystery quilt on this blog - courtesy of Bonnie H. at http://www.quiltville.com/

I made enough blocks for 3 tops - and then got sidetracked. So need to put this into a top and get a backing and QUILT it for a soldier.
5. A wonky Rail Fence quilt. Little bit and I started sewing on this summer of 2010, and then school started and we put it in a bucket and there it has sat. I know I have enough strips and fabric for us to finish it.....





6. QOV Flag quilt. It needs Borders and Quilting. I have auditioned some border fabrics - but can't seem to choose. So when its number is called - I guess I will MAKE a DECISION !! Right?
(DONE January 18th, 2011)

http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2011/01/quilters-accountability-11911.html








Hunh - as I was cleaning on New Years day I found two more UFO's - imagine that! (note to self - stop cleaning!!)

7. These are all my bright strings that I have saved to put into a Bright String quilt. I am pretty sure there are enough strings for a lap sized quilt..
8. Lasagna Patriotic Quilt.
This is a pattern from Atkinson Designs, and about 2 months ago I felt the need to cut fabrics - so I did, and then I pulled some more to cut, and then I put them aside, next to the book shelf.... hunh.



Well this is kind of embarrasing - but (1/18) I have found two more UFOS!

9. Carolina Christmas - needs Binding
10. Pink Lemonade Top - needs a Back, quilting and binding....

DONE 2/28/11
http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2011/03/ufo-10.html
If I keep this up I will have more that the 12 that we were supposed to start with!!!


So there you go - there is my UFO list at the moment. I am going to join in and HOPE that it motivates me to not start too many more things until these are done!!!  ( notice I didn't say to start nothing.... I KNOW my limits LOL)

8 comments:

Tamera said...

I know what you mean! I haven't committed to not starting new stuff, but I have committed to keep working toward finishing what I start.

I've only found seven UFOs for next year. I'm pretty excited for 2011!

I'll have some extra quilts for you, I'm sure!

Carol said...

I also only picked 6 UFO's -- I plan to do the monochromatic challenge on the other months because I love to have new challenges. Good luck with your UFO's!

Anonymous said...

I just posted my UFOs also. Do you really mean you have only 6 UFOs? I am jealous! It is ridiculous how many I have! LOL

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Bari

marilyn said...

I will be cheering you on. I have a lot of UFO's and am trying to figure out why they became that way. I just finished one tonight (well it is a top so to me that is finished...I know I will quilt it soon enough!) I think if I can figure out why I stop a project I can get a better handle on finishing them before they become UFO's in the future.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Looking forward to seeing these finished--especially #2. Love that color pallete.

Quilter Kathy said...

I know what you mean...you just have to start some new projects in 2011, but it's also great to finish some!
Good luck in the challenge!

heather said...

I love the flag quilt idea.

Dionne said...

Wow, nice list! I'm in the 2011 UFO challenge along with you, but most of my projects hae a great deal of piece work left to do.
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress this year.
Cheers,
Dionne