Monday, August 16, 2010

Pants and Parades

Last week when I went to pick up my son from practice I was asked to hem a few pairs of pants. So I said ok - thinking I could do it on my sewing machine.... Nope - they had to be done by hand, and it was too late to back out. And you all KNOW how much I LOVE handwork ...(ugh)

Here is the proof that I did it!!!

And here is why:

Saturday was our Towns "days" and there was a parade:


Don't they look cool? They did a great job, and played very well.






And there was BBQ, and Mud Volleyball and lots of sun!




3 comments:

Jan said...

You are a good mother to hem all those pants by hand no less!!!!

marilyn said...

I'm rolling on the floor laughing! I'm a band mother too and they are looking for someone to hem pants for the WHOLE band this year too. You will find me hiding in the corner, under the TUBA, thank you very much :) Everyone knows I sew, but I DO NOT HEM PANTS. Do you hear me?

Kathie said...

I know exactly how you felt. a couple of different years got roped into hemming dance costumes. Luckily a couple of times it was fabric you could just cut and not even stitch but still a lot of work.