Monday, August 30, 2010

Garden of the Gods

I have to say that Colorado is one beautiful state. There are many things to see, and we are still getting to ones we haven't seen since we have been here. We got the opportunity to travel to the Garden of the Gods - and WOW - what a beautiful place. It was just spectacular. Apparently a man back east had bought this land sight unseen. Had he seen it, he would have moved to Colorado right away!





I think ( I wasn't driving, so don't pay as good of attention) that it is North of Colorado Springs. We pulled into a parking lot, and immediately were/(was) greeted by these towering rocks, and bright green colors. It is NOT green at my house right now - heat and lack of rain leave it brown....


This is the big man, and the little man. He thought that taking a ride would be easier.... it wasn't - the ride bucked!




There is a rock in the middle of the park that seemed to be the most photographed place. I had heard that lots of seniors go there for their senior pics. We are not seniors - but we took a photo anyways. Notice the kids that is getting taller than me? Terrifying ( I am 5'10")






This is me and the big guy. I sort of thought that maybe we should document what we looked like prior to the rest of the grey hair that is coming.... due to our children!!!






Don't they look like they are on the top of the world? Sort of felt like it too!!! I am not one for heights unless I am in a plane, and I like it better when I am the pilot of the plane!!!



And last but not least - still picking on dad every chance they get. I think that he had better learn to start running faster - they are getting big!!

7 comments:

JoAnne said...

We saw Garden of the Gods a few years ago and loved it - awesome! Yep, better take those pics now - the grey hairs are coming.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you and the family got out for a short break. We stopped there with the kids when they were younger. It is gorgeous! If you want a growth stock...buy Lady Clairol. I did!

Shari in AZ

heather said...

I was there a few years ago. It was a spectacular area.

Pat R. said...

The Garden...as we call it here in Colo. Springs...is beautiful. Also, there is the historic Rock Ledge Ranch right at the main entrance to G.o.G park and a LOT of activities go on there all summer long. The Garden is actually pretty much due west of Colo. Spgs and the spot where the words to America the Beautiful were penned by Katharine Lee Bates. It's a beautiful area!

Julie in the Barn said...

We've been there, too, and it is really beautiful. Our son lives in Colorado Springs and we have really enjoyed exploring the area when we visit him. We enjoyed that Petrified Redwood Park and also the little town with all the springs near Pike's Peak.

Sherrill said...

Yes, CO is beautiful and I still miss it (except in the winter, though that's pretty, too, just HATE COLD). We were there again last summer (in Durango and Pagosa) and found our 'old' house was for sale again. I'd consider buying it back if I could afford to keep it and use as a summer house--but I can't! :-((

Unknown said...

You were almost in my back yard! We live one ridge over from Garden of the Gods. It is my one must see place for anyone that visits us from out of town.