Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My New Quote

Okay - this isn't really quilting related ...
But I read this and I thought I need to have it written down and remember it..
~
"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow." Scarlet O'Hara in Gone with the Wind.
~
I have decided to apply this new quote to my life...because you see - certain things are getting in the way of my quilting and fun - such as , well, Food, Laundry, Groceries - you know the boring stuff of life. So last night when my husband asked if I had payed the bills... I quoted Scarlett! Unfortuneatly he has a mind like a steel trap - so he asked me again this morning. Bummer!
~
On the fun side - I am working on another quilt pattern. This is really so fun. I am not perfect at it, and I assume everyone knows more than I do - but its turning out really cool. Of course it is another Quilt of Valor. I am doing mine in Patriotics , but I think it would look good in lots of color ways. My goal is to have it all worked out and unkinked and ready to post to the blog on September first. So if all your munchkins have gone back to the "S" word by then and you are itching to start something new make sure to check back.
~
Want to gather some fabrics? Well the main body of the quilt ( not including the borders) will take :
Blue: 1 1/4 yards
Red: 1 1/4 yards
White or Cream: 1 1/8 yards
~
I will also have some scrappy options available - if you like scraps?
Have a great one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the next one. I have the last one ready to send out to you this week.
Nancy L

Jeanne said...

Sounds terrific! I'll start pulling fabrics soon.

Jackie Russell said...

I'm looking forward to your quilting pattern. I'll be checking back. :)I have lots of patriotic fabrics to join you in making a QOV.