Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grandpas 95th Birthday

We took a break from real life and headed up to Wyoming for my Husbands Grandpa's 95th birthday! It was a great great time!! We got up there Friday evening and hubby had a chance to get in some roping, sons helped work the chutes and move the steers. Then Saturday we all went golfing. His Mom and Dad are avid golfers - so they knew what they were doing and helped me and 2 of the kids out... we had no clue! Hubby and the oldest have played before. But I think we now have a new hobby. It was a blast.
~

The top picture is Grandpa surrounded by everyone but me ( I had to take the pictures cuz that is my camera LOL)

~

The next is my kids Grandpa showing little bit how to drive. I think they all did a great job!

~

We had a cookout and a cake called a pig picking cake I think. My MIL had it one time and loved it, so made it for us - seh was right it is GOOOOOOD!

~

The kids and I made Grandpa a quilt a few years ago - and of course you always want to know that someone is using it... so I snuck a picture of it! Its on his favorite chair in front of the TV. We are pleased!!
~
Hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

Lori said...

It's nice when you know, a quilt is used. Happy B-day to Grandpa!