Thursday, April 24, 2008

Here Chicky Chicky


A little over a year ago I met the sweetest lady in one of the quilt classes I took. She was somewhat new to quilting and had decided to tackle a Stack n Whack quilt. She was much braver than I! It was a three day class and we had a blast together. She had no stash, no scraps, Oh HORROR - NO FABRICS.... So I quickly helped her remedy that.
I went SHOPPING vicariously thru her, and brought in some scraps and... she was addicted!!!
I think she sees everything in quilts now... New house - you need a quilt, New Baby - you need a quilt, new attititude - you need a quilt.... I tell you I LOVE her!!!
So her daughters friend is having a baby, and the friend loves chickens. So does she go pick out chicky fabrics - nope - she is an overachiever!! Look at this adorable quilt! It is all pieced and it was awesome!. We chose eggs to quilt in the border, and chicken coop fencing in the borders.
Kind of wish I was having more kids - maybe she'd make me a cowboy quilt???
Cluck Cluck - its time to go make dinner......

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's soooo cute!

Gina said...

I love it, and the quilting sounds divine.

love and hugs xxx

swooze said...

That is adorable. I would love to have the pattern name if you can get it.

swooze said...

That is adorable. I would love to have the pattern name if you can get it.

Helen in the UK said...

That quilt is wonderful - so much fun :)

Paula, the quilter said...

What a cute, cute quilt!

Jessica said...

I love it! Did she use a pattern or did she design it herself? Either way, a tutorial would be great!!! :) ~Jessica