Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Three Quilts of Valor

recieved! And they were such a surprise! I went to my guild meeting last nite. We had a really neat lady talk about painting on quilts and she showed how she did it. It was impressive. Then for show and tell I took a couple of the quilts that the kids have made for the soldiers.


There is a lady Rosalie, and she does the block of the month for the guild. Last year was a bunch ( and I mean a bunch) of different ways to use flying geese. Well she took all the blocks she had made for demonstrations and put them into ... not 1... but 3 quilts. And she did them all in Red Whites and Blues. So last night she showed them and then gave them to me to take to Fort Carson!! I am so tickled. I keep telling my hubby about her, because she just amazes me with all she gets done, and how many people she has to take care of in the process!!

I think these quilts are awesome, and she quilted them on her Nolting and they are even bound!!
So the total keeps increasing. I can't wait to see the look on the soldiers faces when we come thru with this load of quilts!!
Have a great day! We are having a windy day - so if you see us flying by - be sure to wave!

4 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

These are BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful gift.

Vicki W said...

That is AWESOME!!

Helen in the UK said...

What fantastic quilts!! You are building up a real stash of great QOV to donate. Congrats :)

Stephanie D said...

Hi, Alycia! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment--and cyber-hug!

Our area bee decided on QOV for our charitable contributions this year. I missed the meeting where they discussed it, so don't know how they've connected with the parent org., but was glad to find links on your site for more information. I know some members made quilts for the VA hospital in a nearby town, as well.

Thanks for all you are doing! Nice to have another quilting connection.