Monday, March 17, 2008

National Quilting Day

Was Saturday - and after I fed my crew a hearty breakfast ( okay my husband cooked) they headed out doors and I headed to the sewing machine. I figured I ought to at least quilt a little but on a National holiday such as this... and this quilt is what I made.


I made 6 blue Turning Twenty blocks and 6 white Turning Twenty blocks and then I placed the white on top of the blue and stitched diagonally. We had lots of different layouts - but this is the one the boys ultimately chose. Then I put a red border around it.


Of course - this will be a Quilt of Valor for Ft Carson.

After sewing for a while we took a walk to the mailbox - to find...
Kim in La Junta had quilted this quilt of valor for me and it is perfect! She used a star meandery type quilting in light blue thread. Our count is growing. I have been trying to keep up with the count over in my side bar.
The High School had a sew day last week and I picked up Three tops from them to quilt...
Hope you all had a great National Quilting Day!

2 comments:

gail.designs said...

Love your blog. I finally figured out how to bookmark it. I'm also passionate about QOV and I volunteer as an LA. I've only made a couple from start to finish but I hope to start using up my huge stash soon.
Thanks for your comments from my blog. I'm so new at blogging, that I actually replied to myself, until I finally figured out how to do it. Duh! Gail Auen

Mary Johnson said...

I'm not typically a fan of Turning 20 quilts but I really like what you did with these blocks. All the QOV's look wonderful.