Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pink for October

Okay - did you know it was October already? Where did the days go? I have been keeping busy but I didn't realize the time has gone so fast!! Last week one of my sons got tackled really hard and sustained ( medical term there) and Stage 2 Concussion - so today he is all cleared to go back to activity - today is also his last practice, and Saturday is his last game. My inlaws came down last weekend and stayed with us. It was fun, but they didn't get to see my son play - as he was out with a concussion. Oh well - at least they helped entertain the other two during the game .

I have been working on Pink String Blocks - My goal is 24 to send to Jennifer for her to assemble them and get them to the cancer center(You can see more at heartstringsquiltproject.com)

I also finished quilting a quilt for a customer. It is a braid quilt - very cool. I used really full fluffy feathers as she didn't want dense quilting on it. In the center of each strip there is a feather medallion quilted.




And I finished adding binding to the heartstrings quilt from Sue. It is now hanging in the 5th grade classroom as inspiration for our Quilts of Valor project. I will bring it home Friday and wash it and get it ready to ship out to where Catherine deems it to go. I finished quilting Melvas Heartstring Quilt of Valor, made the binding and will get it done this weekend.


Annnnnnd I made the binding for my Gift for the 25th Quilt - so on the 25th I will be ready to bind it, if not before, I may get energized! Okay - now I must go and seam a backing so I can get the next quilt onto my Longarm.
Have a great day
Alycia

5 comments:

Kim West said...

yea... this year has gone really fast... I can't believe the silly season is almost upon us.

Randi said...

Love the quilting on that braid quilt...really, really pretty!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a beautiful quilt...you did a great job on the quilting!
Hope your son has a full recovery...never a dull moment with the boys, eh?!?

Vivian Love said...

Beautiful quilting. Are your feathers freehand? I love them.

Carole said...

Wow, you've been productive! Love your quilts! Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!