Saturday, July 28, 2007

The County Fair ( and Ribbons)




This year one of my new years resolutions was to enter the local county fair with at least one quilt. Well I am very proud to say - we had three! I entered a group quilt that 3 of my friends and I made and I quilted. The judge mentioned that the applique was Very Nice - so my friend Daisy was awfully thrilled - she did the applique! I entered my stack and whack zoo quilt and the Scrapwhacker that DS#3 and I did. We got Blue ribbons on all three and Reserve Champion on the group quilt!


We went to the fair today to see how we did and we were so tickled - now the other 2 boys are ready to make something! The Black Cream and Gold one in the center is the group quilt. The bright blue quilt to the right is the Stack n Whack quilt.
The one hanging is the Scrapwhacker quilt. Of course it is the only one I put a hanging sleeve one....
We also saw Pigs and Goats and Sheep and Ducks - so ds#3 wants a goat, ds#1 wants a duck and ds#2 wants to know if you make any money on any of this stuff so he can buy toys!!


10 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

Goats and ducks, eh? Sounds like tons of fun, Mom. LOL.

Congratulations on the ribbons. I mean to enter the State Fair again this year, but missed the deadline, darn it....

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations! I am clapping and cheering for you!

Sweet P said...

Congratulations on the ribbons!

Helen in the UK said...

Big congrats on entering and getting ribbons at the show. Particularly love that scrapwacker quilt :)

Cher said...

that is so great...and inspiring-way to go!

Vicki W said...

Congratulations! I have promised myself that I will start entering quilts in shows too - but next year.

Meredith said...

Congrats you are so brave to enter! I might need to make a scrapwacker quilt.

Elaine Adair said...

Congratulations! See? You never know if you don't enter. Even though we make those quilts for ourselves, it sure is nice to have your work 'validated'! 8-)

Samantha said...

That's so exciting! Congrats!

swooze said...

Congrats! What a motivator. :D