Monday, February 19, 2007

Cheese and Crackers Pattern


This is my own Quilt of Valor - made from Atkinson designs Cheese and Crackers. I just love her patterns - they are so Fat Quarter friendly. Although this one is almost all scraps - but that was so easy to convert too.

I liked that it went together pretty quickly, and it probably helped that I kept it out on my sewing table and didn't put it in a tote to keep it organized. As once a quilt goes into a tote - its way to easy for me to put it on a shelf, and then cover it with a few things, and then before you know I have forgotten about it and started something new.

One of my goals for 2007 is to finish what I start this year, and finish what I started last year ;-) A lofty goal I know for me (lol) But I am gonna try it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a lovely quilt! I just found your blog recently and I enjoy reading it.

Quilting Kim said...

Alycia - I love the QOV quilt. You reminded me that I have the Cheese and Crackers pattern, which I planned to make in 30's prints, but I love how it looks in red, white and blue.

Sweet P said...

Oooh . . . I love the fabrics in that quilt. Whoever received that quilt is going to be so happy.

Carole said...

Oh, the QOV turned out nice. Glad to read that it went together quickly. I will also be making two of those quilts. They are presently a UFO. I agree with you on the ease of Atkinson patterns. I'm sure you're familiar with her yellow brick road. I've lost count on the number of times I've made that quilt. Fabric is everything!

swooze said...

I love this quilt and Atkinsons desings. Don't know that I own any of her patterns. May have just not run across them in my LSQ or at the quilt shows.

Jenni said...

Love the classic quilter's statement "I'm going to finish what I start this year, and what I started last year". I know the feeling!